About Us

Crafters – A benchmark in antiques and curios

Crafters established in the year of 1989 is an exquisite antiques shop, one of the finest in Kerala. Located in the quaint old quarter of Mattanchery, Cochin, the shop has an alluring collection of antiques, curios, handicrafts, souvenirs and ancient memorabilia from all across India. Rare antiques like religious artifacts, ancient brass-embedded wooden jewel boxes, Kerala’s celebrated traditional uruly, Chinese jars, ceramics, classic furniture, splendid sculptures, architectural marvels, magnificent murals – you name it, Crafters has it.

“Antique fans across India are well acquainted with Sunny and Johny L. Malayil, the affable brothers who preside over a 12,000 square feet former spice warehouse crammed with vintage and new furnishings. ….with six additional shops and more than 100,000 pieces in Jew Town…” – Travel + Leisure magazine, October 2004.

Crafters’ products have reached 56 countries across the globe. Some of our esteemed overseas clients are Globus, Zurich, Switzerland, Magazijn de binjenkorf bv Dept. Stores, Amsterdam, Holland and Galeries Lafayette France.

Crafters is one of the biggest providers of artefacts and props for spas. We also specialize in providing the best house stuffing facilities for FCL (Full Cargo Load) and are in the forefront in sending FCL and LCL (Less than container load) from Cochin. Due to the bulk quantity of LCL consolidation our rates are best in the industry. Our handling charges are also very competitive since our warehouse is just across the Cochin port. Unlike other shops we do not give any kickbacks.

The old town of Cochin – Footprints of history

 Mattanchery, situated in the western old quarter of Cochin city, is steeped in history. An ancient commercial centre of Kerala, the place has been the favourite haunt of traders from all over the world down the centuries. It’s here that the history of Portuguese voyage to eastern countries unfurls. The Dutch Palace here was originally built by the Portuguese and presented to the Raja of Cochin, Veera Kerala Varma in 1555. It was later taken over by the Dutch, who renovated it in 1663. Today, it is the portrait gallery of the erstwhile Rajas of Kochi. The highlight of the palace is the 17th century mural paintings of mythological figures and scenes from the Ramayana.